Administration // R.T.I.
1. What does Right to Information mean?
It includes the right to:-
- Inspect works, documents, records.
- Take notes, extracts of certified copies of documents or records.
- Take certified samples of material.
- Obtain information in form of printouts,
diskettes, floppies, tapes, videocassettes or in
any other electronic mode or thorough printouts.
2. What does information mean?
Information means any material in any form
including records, documents memo, e-mails,
opinions, advices, press releases, circulars,
orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers,
samples, models, data material held in any
electronic form and information relating to any
private body which can be accessed by a public
authority under any other law for the time being
3. What is Application Procedure for
The application can be made to the Central
Public Information Officer in writing in plain
paper or through electronic means in Hindi or
English specifying the particulars of the
information sought for along with a fee of
rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt
or demand draft or bankers cheque in favor of
CPIO Office of the PCDA(CC) Lucknow payable at
LUCKNOW. An applicant, making request
for information is not required to give any
reason for requesting the information or other
personal details except those may be necessary
for contacting him.
4. What is the fee?
- An application fee of rupees ten for obtaining information under sub-section (I) of section 6;
- Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub-section (I) of Section 7 as under;
- Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- Actual charge of cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each
subsequent hour (or fraction thereof);
- Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub-section (5) of Section 7 as under;
- a. Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy for information provided in diskette or floppy;
- Price fixed for publication or Rupees two per page of photocopy for information provided in the printed form.
- No fee will be charged from people living below the poverty line; and
- Applicant would be provided information fee of cost if the CPIO fails to comply with the prescribed time limit.
5. What is the time limit to get the
- 30 days from the date of application.
- 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a Person.
- Failure to provide information within the specified period is a deemed refusal.
6. Particulars of Central Public Information
Officer and Appellate authority
CPIO - RTI